- Reduces mandatory minimums for non-violent drug crimes.
- Increases judicial discretion to sentence below mandatory minimum guidelines.
- Provides additional diversion options such as drug, mental health, and veteran courts to avoid prison sentences.
- Boosts opportunities for people in prison to earn time off for completing skills programming and drug treatment.
- Improves accuracy of federal criminal record keeping used by employers as a screening tool
This legislation makes good strides towards ending the crisis. Act now and Tell your Senator you support this Act!