At the Tyler Clementi Foundation, we believe that classrooms, families and workplaces should encourage online safety through kindness and respect. Even if you’ve never experienced the harmful effects of cyberbullying, you can still proactively set guidelines and start the conversation about online safety within your community.
If you haven’t yet, check out our new Cybersafety Guide.
Here are just a few ideas to consider:
- Host regular, offline family check-ins to share your experiences on social media and texting.
- Work together to develop family guidelines for online safety.
- If you or your family members experience hurtful words, do not respond, log out, take a deep breath, and talk about it.
- Remember: don’t repeat it- delete it! Your words matter. If interrupting bullying doesn’t work, choose to ignore the negativity.
- Click here to view it online and to download your free PDF version.
Leave a Reply