- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child: the one mistake you want to avoid: Advice from a child therapist
- A sensory guide for friends, families and professionals: Can I tell you about sensory processing difficulties?
- Depressed or anxious teens risk heart attack in middle age: Depression or anxiety in adolescence is linked with a 20% greater likelihood of having a heart attack mid-life, according to research released today at ESC Congress 2020
- African American Teens Face Mental Health Crisis but Are Less Likely Than Whites to Get Treatment: Black children and families need help to deal with the pervasive poverty and racism that surrounds them
- After A Suicide Attempt: How To Support the Child and The Family: Suicide is actually the second leading cause of death for individuals 10 to 24, according to The Jason Foundation’s Parent Resource Program, with an average of 3,041 adolescents in grades 9-12 attempting suicide each day. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 16% of high school students reported considering attempting suicide in the last year. Thirteen percent reported making a suicide plan and 8% said they tried to carry out the plan.
Childhood Mental Health – Items of Interest – Fall 2020
posted in: Childhood Mental Health | 0
Leave a Reply